holden's hair is getting long these days and it seems his bangs are constantly in his eyes. yes, the logical thing would be to trim his hair a bit, but i just can't quite bring myself to do it. i love holden's long hair and he doesn't really seem to mind. plus, i love the long-haired surfer look on boys.
i've secretly been putting his hair into little top knots when we're at home and realized i needed to figure out something that might be a little more manly than a top knot. so i decided to make a superhero mask that could double as a headband to hold his hair back when he is running laps back and forth across the playground.
what you need:
- pair of your little one's sunglasses (to use a guide for the shape of the mask)
- fabric (i used a scrap of faux leather)
- fabric scissors
- sewing machine or needle & thread
what you do:
- take the fabric and fold it in half, pinning it so it doesn't move as you cut
- take the sunglasses and lay them on top of the fabric
- using fabric scissors cut out around the shape of the sunglasses
- cut out eye holes
- take a piece of elastic and measure so that it fits your little one's head
- sew the elastic onto the ends of the mask
- and there you have it, a superhero mask (and a secret boy's headband)